I am a 3D Character Artist specializing in character design, modelling, high poly sculpting, and texturing. I have worked professionally in the video game industry shipping AAA games, as well as working freelance sculpting franchise collectibles for 3D print and other 3D character-related projects.
I have also done freelance work in videography & editing and am considering taking on painting commissions. You can see samples of my work in my portfolio on this website.
Please contact me regarding job offer, contract or freelance work using the email form below.
- Creative and artistic eye for detail. Excellent 3D sculpting and texturing skills.
- Able to follow art direction and work from concept art and inspiration boards.
- Excellent knowledge of high poly to low poly game asset creation & baking.
- Strong polygon modelling and topology skills and ability to deliver clean and tidy models & files.
- Experienced working and developing assets for real-time game engines.
- Good understanding of character rigging, animation and basic scripting. Can work well between different departments of production.
- Self-motivated team worker with excellent communication skills and the ability to take direction and contribute within a creative department.
- Experienced in setting up facial rigs and blendshape libraries.
- Problem solver and efficient worker able to adapt to changes and suggest pipeline improvements.
- Strong concept illustrator and good at design brainstorming.
- Works well to meet deadlines.
- Background in fine arts (illustration, oil & acrylic painting).
- Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Premiere, AfterEffects, and Audition)
- Blender 3D, Maya, 3D Studio Max
- Director of Media & Discipleship Classes: Hope Church Toronto West – Sept 2015 to Present
- Part-Time Lecturer: Video Game Design, Sheridan College (Oakville, ON) – Sept 2014 to Sept 2017
- Character Artist at Rockstar Games: Toronto – Aug 2011 to Nov 2013.
- Max Payne 3 – lead character, story characters and background characters.
- Grand Theft Auto 5 – one of the lead characters (Franklin), and various other story and background characters.
- Character Artist at Rockstar Games: New England – June 2011 to Aug 2011.
- Character Artist at THQ – KAOS Studios: New York – Oct to Nov 2010.
- Homefront – polishing main story characters and creation of various background characters
- Director, Videographer & Editor of the Documentary – Faithful: The Story of Dr. Charles Woodrow & Grace Missions Ministries together with Tim Challies (2020)
- Director, Videographer & Editor of the series – The Great Sermon Series with Tim Challies (2019)
- Part-Time Lecturer – Advanced Maya class at the University of Trinidad and Tobago – Animation Department – Sept to Dec 2009.
- Freelance 3D Character Artist for various projects for TV and animation (2008 – 2010)
- Graphic Design Internship at Mc Cann Erickson (Trinidad) Ltd – 2003
- Graphic Design Internship at Lonsdale Saatchi & Saatchi Trinidad Ltd. – 2002
Schooling & Education
McMaster Divinity School
January 2014 – September 2017
Masters of Theological Studies (MTS)
Vancouver Film School
February 2007 – February 2008
Diploma in 3D Animation and Visual Effects (specialized in character modelling & texturing)
International Academy of Design & Technology | Tampa, FL
2003-2006, Re-enrolled & Graduated Dec 2010.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Computer Animation. (BFA)
Some Awards & Achievements
- Guest speaker at Animae Caribe 2012 Festival.
- Published in the art book “EXOTIQUE 6” by Ballistic Publishing – for “Superhero Girl”
- Published in 3D Creative Magazine – Issue 69 – May 11 – for THING model.
- Top row at 3DTotal.com forums for my model – “THE THING”.
- Editor’s choice at www.cghub.com for “Superhero Girl – ENZO3D Promotional Image”
- Published in 3D Art Magazine for “Old Elven Archer”.
- Featured in Gnomon Gallery – Pixologic Action Heroes show for entry – Rampage – 2D print – June 6th, 2009.
- Published in 3D Artist Magazine for the article on the “Making of Old Elven Archer”.
- Published on the front page of 3DTotal for “Making of Old Elven Archer”.
- Published in the gallery of the December 2008 issue #110 of 3D World Magazine for “Old Elven Archer” piece.
- Runner up for Character Design Course Competition at Escape Studios, UK
- Awarded 3D Total Excellence Award for the piece – “Old Elven Archer” – featured on www.3dtotal.com on Aug 15th, 2008.
- Published in Animation Today Magazine – November 2008 for The Making of ‘The Beast’.
- Featured in the CGARENA.com gallery – for pieces – “The Beast” and “Old Elven Archer”
- Artwork used by VFS for several promotional items.
- Class Representative for 3D67 at VFS & Student ambassador at SIGGRAPH 2008 for VFS.
References are available upon request.