The Rapture is one of the most popular beliefs held by many Evangelical Christians today. Yet, it is a doctrine that is relatively new in church history and based on some very shaky foundations.
In this episode, as we end off this series in Matthew 24, we examine this doctrine historically and biblically to see if it is actually true. Like good Bereans, we must search the Scriptures thoroughly to see if the traditions we’ve inherited are actually biblical or not. This doctrine has captivated the imagination of millions of Evangelicals and shaped their understanding of the End Times. While it is not a primary doctrine, it is not unimportant and has major ramifications for Christians today. By examining Matthew 24 and other relevant passages, we explore whether this popular belief is actually true.
Articles in this series:
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Which Generation Would See the End?
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The End of the Age (Matt. 24:3)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Signs: Wars, Famine, Persecution (Matt. 24:3-14)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Abomination of Desolation (Matt. 24:15-28)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Coming of the Son of Man (Matt 24:29-35)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Rapture – Left Behind? (Matt. 24:36-44)
- The Last Days According to Jesus by Dr. R.C. Sproul (Also check out Sproul’s lectures for free)
- Last Days Madness by Dr. Gary DeMar
- He Shall Have Dominion by Dr. Kenneth Gentry (available as free eBook here)
- Paradise Restored by David Chilton (available as free eBook here)
Consider supporting at THEOTIVITY.COM/DONATE
Visit theotivity.com for more content. Sign up for our monthly email Newsletter to stay updated on all the latest content. Please consider sharing this episode and leaving a 5-star review on your podcast app to help us grow. Follow us at @theotivity on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Rumble).