Jesus predicted “the coming of the Son of Man” in Matthew 24. Many Christians believe that he was referring to his final coming in glory at the end of history. However, is this what he was referring to?
In this episode, we consider what Christ meant by looking at what the Bible teaches about the “coming of the Son of Man” by comparing it with other Scriptures that Jesus was referring to. We also look at the testimony of history to see whether Jesus’s words were actually fulfilled in the timeframe leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. The answer may be surprising to some Christians and has major implications for our view of the End Times (eschatology).
Articles in this series:
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Which Generation Would See the End?
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The End of the Age (Matt. 24:3)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Signs: Wars, Famine, Persecution (Matt. 24:3-14)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Abomination of Desolation (Matt. 24:15-28)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Coming of the Son of Man (Matt 24:29-35)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Rapture – Left Behind? (Matt. 24:36-44)
- The Last Days According to Jesus by Dr. R.C. Sproul (Also check out Sproul’s lectures for free)
- Last Days Madness by Dr. Gary DeMar
- He Shall Have Dominion by Dr. Kenneth Gentry (available as free eBook here)
- Paradise Restored by David Chilton (available as free eBook here)
Consider supporting at THEOTIVITY.COM/DONATE
Visit theotivity.com for more content. Sign up for our monthly email Newsletter to stay updated on all the latest content. Please consider sharing this episode and leaving a 5-star review on your podcast app to help us grow. Follow us at @theotivity on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Rumble).