Depending on the circles you’re in, it’s not too infrequently you hear someone look at some disaster or report of war on the news and remark, “you know, it’s the sign of the times…” referring to them as End Times signals. However, was this what Jesus had in mind?
In this episode, we consider the signs that Jesus predicted would happen before “this generation” passed away in Matthew 24 and whether they have already been fulfilled or are still future to us today. We take a look at some important testimony from history from First Century writers like Josephus and Tacitus to see if the events of their day leading up to the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD fit what Jesus had predicted and why it is important for our understanding of the End Times today.
Articles in this series:
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Which Generation Would See the End?
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The End of the Age (Matt. 24:3)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Signs: Wars, Famine, Persecution (Matt. 24:3-14)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Abomination of Desolation (Matt. 24:15-28)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Coming of the Son of Man (Matt 24:29-35)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Rapture – Left Behind? (Matt. 24:36-44)
- The Last Days According to Jesus by Dr. R.C. Sproul (Also check out Sproul’s lectures for free)
- Last Days Madness by Dr. Gary DeMar
- He Shall Have Dominion by Dr. Kenneth Gentry (available as free eBook here)
- Paradise Restored by David Chilton (available as free eBook here)
Consider DONATING to support the work of THEOTIVITY.
Visit theotivity.com for more content. Sign up for our monthly email Newsletter to stay updated on all the latest content. Please consider sharing this episode and leaving a 5-star review on your podcast app to help us grow. Follow us at @theotivity on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Rumble).