What was Jesus talking about in Matthew 24 when his disciples asked him about the end of the age?
Many people assume that Jesus was prophesying about the end of the world in Matthew 24. Yet, is this actually what he was referring to? Could it be that we have mistaken what he was speaking about because of our ignorance of the Bible and history?
In this episode, we consider from Scripture what “age” Jesus prophesied was ending. The answer to this question significantly affects how we understand the rest of Matthew 24 and what our view of the End Times will be.
Articles in this series:
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Which Generation Would See the End?
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The End of the Age (Matt. 24:3)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | Signs: Wars, Famine, Persecution (Matt. 24:3-14)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Abomination of Desolation (Matt. 24:15-28)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Coming of the Son of Man (Matt 24:29-35)
- JESUS & THE LAST DAYS | The Rapture – Left Behind? (Matt. 24:36-44)
- The Last Days According to Jesus by Dr. R.C. Sproul (Also check out Sproul’s lectures for free)
- Last Days Madness by Dr. Gary DeMar
- He Shall Have Dominion by Dr. Kenneth Gentry (available as free eBook here)
- Paradise Restored by David Chilton (available as free eBook here)
Consider supporting at THEOTIVITY.COM/DONATE
Visit theotivity.com for more content. Sign up for our monthly email Newsletter to stay updated on all the latest content. Please consider sharing this episode and leaving a 5-star review on your podcast app to help us grow. Follow us at @theotivity on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Rumble).