I am a theologian and creative professional passionate about using my skills in both of these fields for the benefit and building up of the Body of Christ – particularly in the local church – for the expanse of the Kingdom and the glory of God. I love to see Christians grow in applying all of Christ and His Word to all of life.
Ministry Experience & Skills
- Experience developing theological courses, classes & workshops for the local church
- Teaching, Preaching, and Leader Training & Equipping
- Discipleship pathways development in the local church
- Experienced in Communications & Social Media
- Creative skillset: Videography, Photography, Graphic Design, Web Design, 3D Character Design & Sculpting, Traditional Arts (Illustration & Painting)
- Musical skillset: Acoustic guitar, drums, piano (basic)
- High integrity and character qualifications (Titus 1:5-9, 1 Tim. 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Confessionally Reformed (1689 Second London Baptist Confession)
- Love serving in the local church and fellowshipping with Christ’s body
- Strong understanding of Systematic, Historical, and Biblical Theology
- Passionate about Apologetics, Evangelism, Worldview formation and Cultural Engagement
- Careful exegete and good working knowledge of Koine Greek
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Creative and artistic eye for detail with many years of professional experience in the video game industry as well as in videography and graphic design
- Self-motivated team worker with the ability to take direction and contribute
- Problem solver and efficient worker able to adapt to changes and suggest pipeline improvements
- Works well to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English & Portuguese, working knowledge of Spanish
- Background in fine arts (illustration, oil & acrylic painting)
- Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Premiere, AfterEffects, Audition, etc.)
- Zbrush, Blender 3D, Maya, 3D Studio Max
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Planning Center Online
Work & Ministry Experience
- Director of Media & Discipleship Classes: Hope Church Toronto West – Sept 2015 to Present
- I work under the oversight of our local elders in the development of theological training and equipping in Biblical literacy in the local church through classes, workshops, seminars, small group curriculum, etc. I help to develop discipleship pathways for new believers, membership pipeline, baptism preparation and assimilation. I also oversee all of the media needs for the church (graphics, web, social media, sermon slides, video, streaming, event photography, print, etc) as well as manage the volunteer teams.
- Founder, Author and Podcaster at THEOTIVITY (www.theotivity.com)
- Served multiple times for several months at a time at Project Casa Semear in São Paulo, Brazil – a safe house for children & youth in the slums (2014 – 2016)
- Served as a translator and evangelist on several short-term missionary trips to Brazil, Cuba & Venezuela
- Experience serving on several short-term missionary trips throughout the Caribbean
- Director, Videographer & Editor of the Documentary – Faithful: The Story of Dr. Charles Woodrow & Grace Missions Ministries together with Tim Challies (2020)
- Director, Videographer & Editor of the series – The Great Sermon Series with Tim Challies (2019)
- Part-Time Lecturer: Video Game Design, Sheridan College (Oakville, ON) – Sept 2014 to Sept 2017
- 3D Character Artist at Rockstar Games: Toronto – Aug 2011 to Nov 2013.
- 3D Character Artist at Rockstar Games: New England – June 2011 to Aug 2011.
- 3D Character Artist at THQ – KAOS Studios: New York – Oct to Nov 2010.
- Part-Time Lecturer – Advanced Maya class at the University of Trinidad and Tobago – Animation Department – Sept to Dec 2009.
- Freelance 3D Character Artist for various projects for TV and animation (2008 – 2010)
- Graphic Design Internship at Mc Cann Erickson (Trinidad) Ltd (2003) and Lonsdale Saatchi & Saatchi Trinidad Ltd. (2002)
McMaster Divinity School
January 2014 – September 2017
Masters of Theological Studies (MTS) – focus on NT Greek, Apologetics & Systematic Theology
Vancouver Film School
February 2007 – February 2008
Diploma of 3D Animation and Visual Effects (specialized in character modelling & texturing)
International Academy of Design & Technology | Tampa, FL
2003-2006, Re-enrolled & Graduated Dec 2010.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Computer Animation. (BFA)
I’ve been invited to teach various seminars and training sessions for pastors and lay-leaders on apologetics, worldview and theology for the Association of Evangelical Bible Churches in Trinidad & Tobago. I’ve also spoken at Animation Festivals and been published multiple times in prestigious art magazines and books. My digital artwork has been featured in various online galleries and won several awards.
References are available upon request.